Circus Friends

Any content relating to the use of animals in circus will only be allowed if it is of a positive nature. This forum is for all supporters of the circus. To upload an image please use the gallery link below!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

John Lawson's Circus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve Jacks

PostSubject: John Lawson's Circus   Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:59 am

The Circus so far this year I would recommend is John Lawson's Circus. I think it is Surrey way at the moment now but whilst it was in Sussex I saw it a few times and is a packed two hour show with all top acts and excellent clowning from the Poppolinos. At only £7 a ticket it has to be the best value too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Jacks

PostSubject: Re: John Lawson's Circus   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 am

Below is a review from my site http://circusdays.webs.com where you can also see photos.

John Lawson's Circus - Recreation Ground, Shoreham - 9 May 2009

The show: As per the Christmas show reviewed earlier on this page, the show starts again with BMX and skating act Bori and Laci. A male and female duo, him with incredible skills and good acting ability and she with the most daring outfits known to British Circus! Other acts from Christmas include the great rola balancing act (very skilful), the astonishing juggling skills of 16 year old Henrick, Bori's excellent tightrope act, and all led again by superb ringmaster Atilla Endresez.

Also on this year show is a hair balancing act (high in the roof of the big top!), the fast moving and excellent wild west act of Claire Weight and Jason Hill (who also perform as Stratosphere, high on a spaceship in the roof of the big top) and undoubtedly the stars of the show, the musical clowns The Popolino's (Kakehole and Popol). It is always great to have truly funny clowns and these aren't just funny they are hysterical from start to finish. With smaller entree's mostly from Kakehole to full musical comedy act etc, they are by far two of the greatest clowns I have ever seen. I couldn't resist going for a second time the following day and am sure will be visiting again soon! This remains one of if not my favourite Circus!

Housekeeping: At just £7 a ticket this is totally the best value show you will see this year! Lots of food and novelties for sale and a very nice full colour programme for just £2.50. Well chosen recorded music with a live drummer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frazer

PostSubject: John Lawsons circus   Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:59 am

Hi Steve

If you look on the forum you will see that the CFA are doing a rally on the 3rd October
all details required are on the site

Regards

Frazer Watson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Jacks

PostSubject: Re: John Lawson's Circus   Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:56 am

Ah yes thanks for that Frazer, a bit far for me sadly, but would love to have gone otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Lawson's Circus   

Back to top Go down

John Lawson's Circus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1