Circus Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Circus Friends

Any content relating to the use of animals in circus will only be allowed if it is of a positive nature. This forum is for all supporters of the circus. To upload an image please use the gallery link below!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Topic is Closed

Go down 
+5
paul b
Sue Roylance
DAVID KONYOT
Steve Jacks
burt renaolds
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:50 am

Visit The Sandow Clowns on Facebook clown

REMEMBER! The only true Tom Sandow, Slapstick Clown, childrens show promoter, is via our original (copyright) clown face logo. Who are the others?

Last edited by tom sandow on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://http:/www.childrenschoices.co.uk
Steve Jacks

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:48 am

Doesn't David Konyot have some relation or brother or something that is a lib dem politian. Maybe it's him?
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Visit The Sandow Clowns on Facebook clown

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DAVID KONYOT

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Ron Beadle is indeed my half brother, he is a senior lecturer at the university of Northumbria and has represented the liberal democrats on Gateshead council for over 10 years ( in that time never putting in an expenses claim ) He is a dedicated and genuine believer in liberal ethics as am I , I joined the liberal party in southend in the sixties and am proud of his involvment in the party, he stood against Tony Blair at sedgefield in !997 knowing he would lose but raising the lib dem profile in the North East ,He is responsible for the election of many liberal councilors in the north east and the election of Fiona Hall the Liberal M.E.P for that region.

In this election he reduced the labour party majority from 17000 to 3000, got 30% of the popular vote but many of the votes from labour went to the BNP and UKIP because of the scare tactics of the press in misrepresenting the liberals immigration policy . Had he been elected he would indeed have taken an interest in circus issues, being as he comes from the same long family history as me I think he would have a perfect right so to do and if he is elected at any time in the future be assured he will be a positive voice for our industry at the highest level.

For anyone interested in such things we have written 1 academic paper together " The Man in The Red Coat" a study of management values ,virtues and ethics between a ringmasters work and other comparable proffessions. It has been favourably reviewed and quoted from by non other than Alexander Macyntire the foremost philosopher and ethicist of the present day. If his political and academic career allow we will be writing other papers on circus .

Yes I am the recipient of 4 CFA awards for best comedy, if which I am inordinately proud and am glad to see that over the last couple of years the award has gone to the "Popolinos" the new generation of British Musical Clowns carrying forward a great tradition .

I apologise if this is a long explanation but I wanted to put paid to any sarcastic comments that may arise from this situation.
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:52 am

clown

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DAVID KONYOT

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:53 am

I do not want to carry this conversation on longer than necessary as I think I know your views , In my opinion you cant keep circus out of politics in the same way you cant keep your life out of politics , it has become unfortunately an invasive part of our life , as to your comment about the Alliance of losers the Labour party and the Liberals together represent 51% of the popular vote which would be a bigger percentage than any government in this country since the war.

Dont forget the unfairness of the system as it stands, the tories with lightly over 1/3rd of the popular vote got very nearly half of the seats, labour with 29% got 258 seats the liberals with 24% got 57 seats , which means with just below a quarter of the vote the liberals got less than 10% of the seats this has to be changed. I will ignore your comment about the awards " displaying the shortage of british talent" when we won we were against the likes of David Larible , Sossman and GouGou , Francesco , the Milettis etc.
Mr Beadle would not have not sponsored circus artists as you imply , he would have been a voice for circus in general in any parliamentary discussions , We still have Peter Luff as a pro circus MP .

you and I would probably not agree on the time of day but luckily we live in a democracy where all views are valid and open to discussion, You have some sort of vendetta against the CFA which I dont understand but I fear it's close to becoming an obsession I would strongly advise fresh air and excersise .

My regards to your family and in the words of Mr Spock ( star trek is my obsession, I know ,its sad)

Live long and Prosper.
Back to top Go down
Steve Jacks

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:22 am

Keeping Circus and politics seperate would be impossible. It's all politics isn't it.. from the grounds they arrive on, to the animal acts, to the artists and countries themselves, to the vast amount of health safety nonsence (in most cases now) and paperwork etc. Its more political than the Eurovision Song Contest and thats saying something!

As per only 300 reading the CFA results, actually it would have been read in the King Pole magazine mostly, not everyone has access to a computer (even in this day and age I know people) and also other would have read the resutls first (as I did) on another message board or through a friend etc. There are many ways to find out the results not just on this CFA message board.

Re the awards that some like to knock. Interesting then that all weekend looking at Circuus programmes, sites etc (had a bit of a circus weekend!) all I read was enormous amounts of "voted best" all over Circus artists and Circuses literature. OK if they win... otherwise they are a waste of time apparently. Hmmmmmm!
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:14 am

PS. where are the circus artistes photographs? Please Very Happy tap in 'circus photographs' on google and tell me where this site is listed clown clown

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DAVID KONYOT

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:33 am

you need to calm down, your blood pressure must be through the roof,

1st. Artists don't give a monkeys about site rents, availability, or the licensing system, Our priorities are electric, water, getting paid on time, a warm tent and ringboys that don't wreck your props .

2nd. I have never been classed as an Itinerant , the few times ( thankfully) I have needed the resources of the NHS i have found it fine even when we were abroad and my daughter was ill she was treated and the NHS re-imbursed us for the cost more or less immediately.

3rd . The loss of venues is a moot point, many sites have gone because of the animal question which is a whole other debate which I will not get into, more because of town expansion and other comparable reasons, as far as I can see shows always seem to have somewhere to go, I remember the old showmens maxim "please the public and leave the grounds clean and you'll be welcome back", this seems to work especially for shows like Lawsons who do very nearly the same route every year with a different top class programme and seem to do well l , and here with Zippos who have followed the same route in London for many years with much success.

4th. Clowning , in my humble opinion,is a progressive art form with room for both traditionalist and modernisers it is not the exclusive property of circus , As far as the make up is concerned I think with the improvement in lighting and most tents being smaller than in previous times we have a much closer contact with the public and a large bright make-up can be startling to small children who may used to such things on a screen but not up close , ( in my case the jewishness in me is happy i'm saving money by using less).

I dont understand your reference to the CFA and Chocolate fireguards, what business has any of the above the do with the CFA ? they are fans, I am a fan of chelsea football club but i dont tell them who to buy, how much to pay them, what colour strip to wear , Yes i critisise and complain when we dont win, but I also take part in the player of the year poll, this is much like the CFA awards , its an recognition of who we liked best that season, not to concern fans of rugby, cricket or any other sport . Every show I have worked on throughout europe has advertised me either on posters or in the programme as "award winning clowns" and It usually gets mentioned in press releases ,I have no illusions that it puts more bums on seats (if it did my money would go up) but its sometimes an interesting conversation piece when we talk to the public after the show.

Finally and most importantly the public seems to be still coming to circuses in fairly large numbers, I don't hear of any directors filing for bankruptcy and every year there are new shows starting up, so instead of being a pessimist turn that frown upside down and have a little faith, as you say yourself you are the most successful staged slapstick show and your connection with clic sargent (also chelsea's main charity, theres a nice coincidence) is highly laudible so you have much to be proud of , I have heard the the CFA website is a little disorganised at present but I am sure they will sort out their problems in due course and the photo's you want will appear somewhere, in the meantime live and let live and mind your blood pressure
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:05 am

lol! clown

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DAVID KONYOT

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:42 am

my politics are not open to abuse neither are my opinions --Trendy, Sandal wearing? sorry if you cant argue on a decent intellectual level i will withdraw from this debate.
You'll get no argument from me that my father was an excellent all round artist I still have to see a better clown, he was just a crap parent.
Back to top Go down
Steve Jacks

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Where are the photos of the artists? Keep looking at my site http://circusdays.webs.com - I update it almost weekly. There are even photos of award winning clown David Konyot I believe doing his thing brillinatly as ever. (I realise you say artists aren't named but I made the decision due to not knowing some of their names and knowing others and not being fair on those I didnt know, so I just list the show instead - however you can comment underneath any photo if you wish).

What is the purpose of the CFA? To enjoy circus. And believe me.... we do! (thanks to you and everyone else in it Tom).
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:39 pm

clown

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DAVID KONYOT

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:55 pm

I have tried to be agreeable in this debate but you are getting very close to the personal abuse which you have quite a reputation for so lets leave it before you say something even more abusive I have never made any personal attacks on you or your family yet you insist on demeaning and patronising me. My relationship with my father, your brother, is of absolutely no concern to you or anyone else so please desist from making your peurile comments ,thank you
Back to top Go down
Sue Roylance

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:28 pm

I see you are back again Mr Sandow with your nasty comments. If you dislike the CFA so much then do us all a favour and stay away I for one am sick of reading your posts where all you can do is be bitter and twisted. Be very careful, this site will be monitored and people who can only be offensive will not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
Steve Jacks

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:29 am

"At your age David - please grow up You are over 60 referring to - is it 50 years ago I have heard about sad clowns but you make it an art form!""

More than a bit out of order that. I'm not sure how a fan club is supposed to get people employed in a circus, maybe you should give better guidelines. A fan club is not a job agency surely? I do not understand at all. Nor do I know how we can keep shows on the road. If a proprieter in some way need our help I am sure we would assist as members in any way we could but still do not really grasp your meaning.
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:44 am

Sue Roylance wrote:
I see you are back again Mr Sandow with your nasty comments. If you dislike the CFA so much then do us all a favour and stay away I for one am sick of reading your posts where all you can do is be bitter and twisted. Be very careful, this site will be monitored and people who can only be offensive will not be tolerated.

Perhaps you might be so good Mrs. Roylance to explain how I have been abusive about the CFA other than questioning its merits - you know I have asked more than once on this threat what your policies are? Or must circus artistes have no right to ask? Or be told? You do not have the manners to reply to the questions or what has happened to the late John Turner's website that I, and so many others posted constructive items to. The CFA, yet again, behaves in a dismissive manner.

The word 'twisted' is surely out of keeping with an organisation that supposedly supports circus art and artistes?

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:54 am

Steve Jacks wrote:
"At your age David - please grow up You are over 60 referring to - is it 50 years ago I have heard about sad clowns but you make it an art form!""

More than a bit out of order that. I'm not sure how a fan club is supposed to get people employed in a circus, maybe you should give better guidelines. A fan club is not a job agency surely? I do not understand at all. Nor do I know how we can keep shows on the road. If a proprieter in some way need our help I am sure we would assist as members in any way we could but still do not really grasp your meaning.

On the second point I would agree but a 'fan club' should not then inform the national press that it intends to (quote) improve British circus. A bit out of order yes? Cliff Richard fan Club 'we intend to improve Cliff Richard'?
You can help keep shows on the road via obvious ways - to be a voice active against the four negatives (at least) I have placed here - then I and everyone would be pleased. You are making money out of circus and books. But no favourites.

On your first point - this is covered as you see, I will not have my family name draged up by anyone, specially on so called 'friend' sites.
Back to top Go down
paul b

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:12 am

tom sandow wrote:
Steve Jacks wrote:

On the second point I would agree but a 'fan club' should not then inform the national press that it intends to (quote) improve British circus. A bit out of order yes? Cliff Richard fan Club 'we intend to improve Cliff Richard'?
You can help keep shows on the road via obvious ways - to be a voice active against the four negatives (at least) I have placed here - then I and everyone would be pleased. You are making money out of circus and books. But no favourites.

On your first point - this is covered as you see, I will not have my family name draged up by anyone, specially on so called 'friend' sites.
who do you like in this big old world tom?
Back to top Go down
paul b

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:14 am

paul b wrote:
tom sandow wrote:
Steve Jacks wrote:

who do you like in this big old world tom?
yes tom iam a member of the cfa because iam a fan of the circus why do you always go over the top cant you be nice for once
Back to top Go down
peter2010

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:21 am

The CFA support circus in their own way,it is a fan club for all those who love circus.

What exactly do you want them to do? Its upto the Owners/Directors to put people on seats.

Discussing Mr Konyots father and their relationship on a public forum is not right.
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:36 am

peter2010 wrote:
The CFA support circus in their own way,it is a fan club for all those who love circus.

What exactly do you want them to do? Its upto the Owners/Directors to put people on seats.

Discussing Mr Konyots father and their relationship on a public forum is not right.

I will not have my family name branded around on this or any other public site
PS Who might you be?

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sue Roylance

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:41 am

You are making such a fool of yourself carrying on like this. It is you that keeps bringing your family up! And by the way the name is Roylance not Roylands - get it right.
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:44 am

Sue Roylance wrote:
You are making such a fool of yourself carrying on like this. It is you that keeps bringing your family up! And by the way the name is Roylance not Roylands - get it right.

It is and was Mr. Konyot who made the offensive remarks - yet again - and you know this well enough. The word was**** was it not yet you criticise me? Such values.

Last edited by tom sandow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peter2010

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Tom, Thankyou for your private message. My name is Peter Featherstone (i must point out,not the Peter Featherstone connected with the EEC). I am a long standing circus fan and have connections with a circus show being run for school groups etc.

If you post messages on a public forum, then i can reply exactly as i like. If you wish others to stay out of your business,has you have told me, then dont post your issues on this site.

I find it somehow amazing how you manage too keep a good name within your business when you are consistantly rude and offensive. It is you that argues what we should all be doing to promote the good name of circus. And all i see you do is create issues with the people connected with the industry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Topic is Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic is Closed   Topic is Closed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topic is Closed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next