Circus Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Circus Friends

Any content relating to the use of animals in circus will only be allowed if it is of a positive nature. This forum is for all supporters of the circus. To upload an image please use the gallery link below!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???

Go down 
+5
Adrian Corti
erik jaeger
Frazer
Steve Jacks
Ivan Healey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ivan Healey

FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Empty
PostSubject: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:47 am

The CFA were always interested in new ideas for future issues of King Pole Specials and for book publications.
How about a book or certainly a KP Special about route that British shows have taken in the past?
These could include...
Billy Smart's final route in 1971
Bertram Mills final route in 1964 (wasnt it) ?
Sir Robert Fossett's Circus final tour in 1992
Robert Brothers Circus in 1980 ( when it was probably the largest and most well known show in the UK).
Mary Chipperfield's Circus Enis Togni tour in 1972.

Of course this is just an idea, but as well as the route of Towns and Cities visited , the posters used at the time could also be featured?

Would welcome the CFA council and members views and coments.
Back to top Go down
Steve Jacks

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Not a bad idea
Back to top Go down
Frazer

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:50 am

Hi Ivan

Good to see you back on the forum

Regards

Frazer
Back to top Go down
erik jaeger

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:25 am

I would certainly enjoy seeing a special edition on Sir Robert Fossetts Circus, and agree that the other topics Ivan mentioned would be of interest also!
Back to top Go down
Adrian Corti

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:46 am

I like the idea Ivan, but what could you put in a KP about routes? You could list a shows whole route on one or 2 pages, and bar the odd poster with the towns name on, and the odd picture of a show at certain grounds, what else could you use? (not a dig, just thinking aloud!)

I run the ATFOTF circus forum www.fun-fairs.co.uk and have UK circus tour dates section on there. Shows do get very fussy (understandably) about what I can show, how long in advance, and ask for dates to be removed once the show has moved on, this could affect doing this with modern shows?
Back to top Go down
roberto

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:31 am

Hi there, I'm new in this forum and I hope to know you and have nice chats about british circuses and personal experiences. I'm not british and hope you will understand my english and forgive any mistakes!!!
Love the idea lounched by Ivan Healey, something that will make me catch up with the history of the british circus. And because I just received the new issue of King Pole Magazine and with it the "special" for 2009, British tv circuses, let me say that more specials on the subject would be very very apreciated, considering that the Christmas and Easter tv recordings became a worldwide interest. I remember my appointments with Billy Smarts Christmas circus! More infos, more photos, it will never be enough!!!
To me, what I would find very interesting is to track back all ar most of the programmes of the major circuses, such as Mills, Smart, Chipperfield, Fosset, Roberts, Cottle and so on, with the name of the artists who took part to the shows, informations about their carrier and some pictures as well. I guess would be monumental and probably would require the help of the circusfans... I would say, create a sort of encyclopedia of the programs of the british circuses. I think something that would say a lot about history and evolution of the british circus. Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:37 am

Hello Roberto

Clearly you must seek out all the back - issues of the King Pole. Issues that have covered all you are asking?
Please take a look at my post to this forum of June 24th that may suggest a direct route to locate stored information - at a cost.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/www.childrenschoices.co.uk
Bambolina & Dodo

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:33 am

Hello All,
Are you looking for ideas or just trying to work one idea and looking for angles?
Just occured to me why not look at artists rather than shows, there are many artists around who can talk of shows around the world!
Or even how circus is changing in the style of acts and presentation!
Or even circus outside of the Big Top!
Just ideas......
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:26 am

Just an idea Bambolina and Dodo!

The Circus Friends mean proprietors tents and lorries and artistes after that - a long way after that!

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sue Roylance

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 am

Sorry Tom but this is just not true and I do wish you would stop saying it. Of course we are interested in the shows and the Artistes. Bambolina and Dodo are friends of ours and know this is true. Of course there are fans of Transport and routes as well, but Artisites and the shows come first.
Back to top Go down
Bambolina & Dodo

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:03 am

Hello Again Everyone,

Thanks Sue.........

Dear Tom I think it would be a funny situation for the paying public to watch a lot of lorries with trailers pulling onto a field, people setting up a tent with gradings, chairs lodges, ring fence, lights, sound ....etc.....then a week later or the same day packing it all up and leaving !

Something tells me that what happens inside the ring is very important, lorries and their drivers can be found in many places and lines of work....but the artists...where do they go and where do they come from....perhaps if they were appreciated more rather than a Foden with a drunk Polish driver pulling a 28m two mast Big Top, the quality and quantity of circus would improve rather than not !

Just my view....like yours is yours.......
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:36 am

I thought you were agreeing with me confused

When I do see photos of artistes and the names of artistes promoted ahead of the tents/lorries
then I will be pleased.
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 am

Sue Roylance wrote:
Sorry Tom but this is just not true and I do wish you would stop saying it. Of course we are interested in the shows and the Artistes. Bambolina and Dodo are friends of ours and know this is true. Of course there are fans of Transport and routes as well, but Artisites and the shows come first.

How long have you been a circus fan Mrs Royland? I have been around a lot longer and seen much more. Still waiting for any acknowledgment for a photo! Now, if it had been a truck photo Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sue Roylance

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Tom, my name is Sue Roylance not Roylands and I have been a Circus Fan for about 23 years, not long in your book but I do love Circus and work hard for the CFA with the merchandise and rallies.
You have been thanked more than once for the signed photo, we shook your hand and thanked you at the time and today you have seen my message on ATFOTF what more do you want me to do ? We enjoyed the show but time to let it lie now. lol!
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Sue Roylance wrote:
Tom, my name is Sue Roylance not Roylands and I have been a Circus Fan for about 23 years, not long in your book but I do love Circus and work hard for the CFA with the merchandise and rallies.
You have been thanked more than once for the signed photo, we shook your hand and thanked you at the time and today you have seen my message on ATFOTF what more do you want me to do ? We enjoyed the show but time to let it lie now. lol!

Well Sue, you will note that my post here was prior to yours over on ATFOTF - I can't very well acknowledge before the event?
I have yet to find fans who love the artistes - please read the last uncalled for contribution by one of your members. Rules Sue? Do you support person like this? This has been the trouble for many years.
Back to top Go down
Sue Roylance

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Who are you referring to Tom, which post?
Back to top Go down
Sue Roylance

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 am

Which post are you talking about Tom?
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:49 am

I am sure you know full well which post! It is the last two posted by a Mr. Jacks and, lets face it, without the CFA we would not have to put up with characters like this would we?
Back to top Go down
Steve Jacks

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:25 pm

I think, Tom, your constant behaviour towards Sue and is it her husband, myself and any other member of CFA following us all from board to board, name calling and insulting is becoming increasingly like "Bullying".
Back to top Go down
Frazer

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:43 am

Here we go again, I do believe that the last time we blocked the CFA forum
was for just the same sort of nonsense that is going on now.

May I remind all that use this site, it is open for all to see, I do it that way
so that hopefully we can all enjoy the business that we love.

Please take this as a warning, if this continues I will lock the site, come on
lets call it a day and if there is anything personal please do it between yourselves

Regards

Frazer
Back to top Go down
burt renaolds

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:47 am

I would agree with Frazer Watson and if any circus followers wishes to say anything further please use our home address that is published. But if Mr. Jacks thinks the childish idiotic language that he uses should be typical of a circus fan than it must demean the organization.

Rules Frazer please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???   FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FUTURE KING POLE SPECIAL IDEA ???
Page 1 of 1