Circus Friends

Any content relating to the use of animals in circus will only be allowed if it is of a positive nature. This forum is for all supporters of the circus. To upload an image please use the gallery link below!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beckenham1

PostSubject: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 am

GERRY COTTLE WITH HELEN BATTEN .

I have just ordered this for £5 +p&p from Bibliophile Books who tell me that they have another 15 for sale. I have no connection with them other than I buy books from them & have always been pleased with their service. If I'm not allowed to post this, please let me know & delete my message. Please also accept my apologies for any mistake.
John Higham.

Listing -

Title: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus
Author: GERRY COTTLE WITH HELEN BATTEN
Format: Hardback

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details:
Posh grammar school lad makes a tape recording, gives it to his mate to play to his parents down the phone, and promptly leaves leafy Surrey for a life in the circus. 'Please do not under any circumstances try to find me. I have gone forever…I am going to join the circus. I have gone.' So starts Gerry Cottle's irresistible memoirs, the whiff of elephant dung, candy floss and sawdust redolent on every page. His circus became spectacularly successful, part of the landscape of the '70's, but his public triumphs masked the demons of sex and drugs and all, it seemed, was lost. Cottle's energy and zest for life, brilliant nose for publicity and sheer nerve win out, with his next triumphs being the Moscow State Circus and the Chinese State Circus. Cottle reflects on his life with charm, humour and honesty. 310 pages with photos. ^

Published Price: £16.99
BIBLIOPHILE PRICE: £5.00

...............................................................................................................
Listing -http://www.bibliophilebooks.com/epages/BibliophileBooks.storefront/4a253a80000c949c273fc361fd08065f/Product/View/59413
Contact details - orders@bibliophilebooks.com, www.bibliophilebooks.com, phone 020 74742474. Or by post from Unit 5 Datapoint, South Crescent, London, E16 4TL.

Any probs, please let me know.John.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frazer

PostSubject: Re: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus   Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:07 am

Hi John

No problem with posting this Gerry was and still is a big name in Circus, Im sure there are
not to many people who have not heard of Gerry Cottle.

Maybe the younger generation will not remember him but the older ones will.

Would be great to see a gerry Cottle show tour again.

Regards

Frazer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckenham1

PostSubject: Confessions - Gerry Cottle   Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 am

Thanks.
I was concerned that it could be seen as an advert. It'll be interesting to see how many they shift. I now await my copy & look forward to the warts & all picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adrian Corti

PostSubject: Re: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus   Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 am

Watch out for Zambezi Express this year, an African circus style show from Zimbabwe promoted bt Gerry!
And ofcourse there are his shows at Wookey.

I do think Gerry's name is a very good assett, and would be a good name for a show to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Jacks

PostSubject: Re: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus   Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:49 am

I literally finished reading this book last week and can really recommend it. Yes the new show he is producing also looks very interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckenham1

PostSubject: Re: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus   Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks for that.
Mine's just arrived, the only possible fault is - no index but it seem a good read. I've skimmed it & looked at the photos. It looks to be habit forming, ie once started, never put down.
And great value for a fiver in hardback! (And no, I'm not on commission!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus   

Back to top Go down

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOWMAN: My Life in the Circus
Page 1 of 1