Circus Friends

Any content relating to the use of animals in circus will only be allowed if it is of a positive nature. This forum is for all supporters of the circus. To upload an image please use the gallery link below!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Circus Music

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stevieG6860

Circus Music Empty
PostSubject: Circus Music   Circus Music Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 pm

[b]Does anyone know why "Thunder And Blazes" is not played at the start of Circus performances any more?,have visited many circuses over the years,and it just seems to have dissapeared.This was allways part of the Circus tradition along with the sawdust and greasepaint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew Lewis

Circus Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circus Music   Circus Music Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:38 pm

In recent years, all kinds and styles have been used as Overture music for circuses. Some music i have heard, you would not think it could be used, but it is. Times as well as the choice of music has changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denny

Circus Music Empty
PostSubject: Sad times for circus music   Circus Music Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:05 pm

It is a shame that now in most circuses the music is so generic that I don't even pay any attention to it. Years ago it was part of the show that you would notice everytime the tune changed. Dennis 'Dion' Younger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stevieG6860

Circus Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circus Music   Circus Music Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:37 pm

[b]appreciate music overtures have changed over the years,perhaps it,s just me being nostalgic,having helped on circuses with build pull,and pull down everything in between when they came to my town,probably classed as a out a towner or just a week josser,certainly gone past being a first of may tho.have arthritis now so am generally on a down ward now with helping on circuses.Had a great time doing this met interesting and nice people that were allways friendly towards me. and we shared the jokes and laughs and the hard work and looking after and the care of the animals in your care.Would,nt thought i would miss doing it but i do.Sawdust in my blood at 14,and still there after30plus years

"May All Your Day,s Be Circus Days"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Jacks

Circus Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circus Music   Circus Music Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:44 am

Went to Santus yesterday who seemed to have a good mixture of traditional Circus music and modern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Circus Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circus Music   Circus Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Circus Music
Page 1 of 1