Circus Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Circus Friends

Any content relating to the use of animals in circus will only be allowed if it is of a positive nature. This forum is for all supporters of the circus. To upload an image please use the gallery link below!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Circus Tyanna

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve Jacks

Circus Tyanna Empty
PostSubject: Circus Tyanna   Circus Tyanna Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 am

Circus Tyanna – Petworth, Sussex – April 2010

The Show: Circus Tyanna is a beautiful little circus that seems to feature two families performing. Tickets are £7 on a sit where you wish basis. It only began last year and this has been the first time I have seen this charming show.

The show begins with owner and clown Todd Christian (Toddy?) putting on his make up assisted by daughter Tyanna (hence the name). Tyanna is only three years old but does a lot of assisting and is very sweet. Then all the artists appear performing various circus skills. Other acts include Maize the goat, some ducks and two small horses in training. Human acts include sensational skills by a brother and sister who are only ages 12 and 17 featuring acrobatics and a trapeze act which, considering their ages has to be seen to be believed. Also a young clown performs with Toddy now and then with a cheeky grin and an excellent unicycle act. Todd also performs magic and juggling and as he manages the show and fixes all the Lorries and goodness knows what, you begin to think if you gave him anything he would just turn his hand to it!

Todd as clown is loveable and funny. His wife Clair as ring mistress keeps the show together well and seems very relaxed and with natural personality. She even sings a bit at the start of each half (thankfully brief – my love or not of singing ringmasters/mistresses is well known!).

The finale is a well presented western act featuring all the cast.

My only criticism is that Todd seems much more at home being a Clown because in his other acts when the audience applaud he seems to look down as if he is not worthy! You are worthy Todd – look up, smile and take the applause!!!

Housekeeping:
Nice small tent (although it sounds like they have been through a few already!), recorded music. All the staff or artists are very friendly indeed and Todd and Clair are a lovely couple. It is such a pleasure to see a new circus with animals too. I wish this show every success and I can’t wait to see it again!

For photos of the show please feel free to visit my site; http://circusdays.webs.com
Back to top Go down

Circus Tyanna
Page 1 of 1